GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION (REGISTRATION BEGINS ON MARCH 1st, 2019):
The Stanford EXPLORE Lecture Series is open to high school students (currently in 9th-12th grade at the time of registration). Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents CURRENTLY LIVING in the U.S. Please note that the program does not provide housing or transportation. Students who would like to register for the series may sign up for 1, 2, 3, or all 4 weeks. The steps to register are listed below. There is no application process. However, if there are any issues with the registration, students will be contacted within a week. The online registration begins on March 1st, 2019 on our website and will continue until all slots for each week are filled. When the slots are filled, this will be noted on the home page (explore.stanford.edu). If there is a need to cancel your registration, please note that the CANCELLATION DEADLINE IS MAY 1st, 2019 (after this date, we cannot issue refunds).
SUMMER 2019 PROGRAM TOPICS: (All topics are covered during the week)
- WEEK 1 (July 8-12): Immunology/Neuroscience
- WEEK 2 (July 15-19): Stem Cell/Cardiovascular
- WEEK 3 (July 22-26): Bioengineering/Bioinformatics/Genetics
- WEEK 4 (July 29-Aug. 2): Cancer/Careers in Science and Medicine
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION:
1) ONLINE REGISTRATION- All applicants must fill out the program online registration form through the Slideroom registration portal. This portal will open on MARCH 1st, 2019 at 9 AM (PST). Registration is on a first come, first serve rolling basis. You will need to create a Slideroom account and then you can fill out the various forms and make edits until you submit the registration. You will also need to upload a copy of your high school transcript (can be unofficial) on the registration portal so please have this ready to upload. Once you submit the Slideroom program registration form and payment form, you will receive a confirmation email. If there are any problems with your registration, we will email you within 1-2 weeks. We will email additional information in early June regarding other program details such as the exact location.
2) PAYMENT- ON March 1st, 2019, there will be a link here to the Certain Meeting payment site where you can make credit card payments. If you will be paying by credit card, you will receive a payment confirmation # that you must input in the online Slideroom program registration form link above before you can submit the Slideroom registration so please PAY FIRST before submitting your registration.
If you will be paying by check, you must still complete the Certain Meeting payment registration form (and just indicate paying by check) and then read the information in the section below labelled "If paying by Check".
FINANCIAL AID: If you will be requesting financial aid, you do not need to fill out the payment registration site. Please see below for more information about applying for financial aid.
REFUND POLICY- You must email a request for a refund by May 1st, 2019.
3) WAIVER/MEDICAL FORMS- Registrants will be emailed a waiver and medical form 2 weeks before the program begins. These must be filled out and turned in on the FIRST DAY of the program.